Wednesday 23 June 2010

The PAC Run

Salam. 

Kolej Tun Syed Nasir of UKM organized a Prostate Awareness Campaign (PAC) last Sunday. Among the activities are Prostate Cancer Exhibition, Health Screening, and 7 km marathon. 10 of us participated the marathon with an entrance fee of RM 20 per person (which doesn't come from our own pocket).


aen and ainul with the cheerleaders in blue

The last run that I participated was...say...a year ago? After being disappointed not being able to participate anything for the past year, I simply signed in for the run though I've never really like a long-distance run. It has been a long time since I last worked out and the best part was I couldn't even find my running shoes that I had to borrow from someone else.


muka-muka yang lari 7 km tapi tak turun training


We didn't know the track even though we did some of our trainings for the previous runs around Taman Tasik Permaisuri. Not knowing the track could be an advantage if you're in a good mood and surprisingly, I was quite optimist about finishing the run. It took me about one hour to finish the run, yet I still got a medal. For me, there are two possibilities; it's either because I'm in a good shape or it's just that they are not good enough (hehe...no offense).


046; the lucky number?

The event started at about 0700 hrs and we arrived at the hostel after some detours to Jalan TAR and SOGO at around 1400 hrs.

I would like to express my gratitude to:
  • Farah Diyana for the running shoes
  • Raihan and Nija for coming as supporters
  • Najmi Ahmad for the car
  • last but not least, Aen and Ainul for participating with me



2 comments:

komen sikit